Blogging again :)

I am sorry, I have shamefully neglected this blog… But I will cath up with what I was doing lately and then hopefully keep you updaed on my upcoming projects.

As I was in India the last year for a gap year and came back at the beginning of january, I didn´t have that much time for creativity except when it came to finding a job and writing applications for uni. But I did do some small stuff:

I did some more naalbinding, this time I made some socks (which is anyway the only thing exept mittens the techique was used for historicaly); one pair with only a tiny shaft as bedsocks for myself and one pair with a knittet shaft (for more flexibility) as houseshoes for my sister. These are my ones, and I do really like them, they´re so warm and soft 🙂

Bild

I used the Oslo stitch for both of them and I so quite like the design it makes as a surface – a little like being cord being sewn together … The Oslo stitch is the easiest one, but, being me, I did of cause start with the difficult ones and only now tried the classical, easy Oslo stitch 😉 Here is a close up of the design it makes:

Bild

And I also did some knitting, as it is quite cold here still and the above socks are definitely too thick to be worn in shoes. So I am making these socks, but as yet I finished only one:

Bild

Yeah, I know, all I seem to have done are different red coloured socks 😉

And there is another thing I definitely want to tell you: I´ve got a new sewing machine 😀 And, actually, it is not new at all, but about 80 years old; it´s a Singer treadle sewing machine with lots of stuff still in the small drawers attached at both sides 😀

For example one foot, that makes up a whole hem in one go, so you don´t have to fold and in it first, just let the fabric run into the foot and out of it comes the finished hem 🙂 Ok, this sounds a little strange and I guess is hard to imagine, so here a few pictures:

Bild

Bild

And it is even possible to choose the width of the hem you are creating:

Bild

But there are still many pieces that I don´t have a clue on how to use them 😉

Ok, this was a long post with many things stuffed into it, but I hope you bore with me and from now on I´ll write more regularly 🙂

Advertisements

Babyset finished :)

I finally finished the Jacket for my new little cousin 🙂 Because of the raspberry design on the body and the arms it had taken me quite long, but now it is all finished, the seams are closed and all the lose ends of threads are sewn in. I think, all in all, knitting things for Babies is still more fun, than a sweater for an adult, because it is so much more quick to finish 🙂 (ok, admittedly, it really depends on the design and the thickness of the yarn…)

 

I don’t have any Buttons here with me at the moment, so my mother will have to add them, when she comes visiting in a month and takes it back to Germany to my uncle.

 

And here a picture of the finished set:IMAG1045

 

I used only 220g of the wool, instead of the 350g they approximated in the instuctions; so now my uncle can decide, if he wants something else to go with the set, a second jacket, or whatever out of the leftover wool 🙂

Lazy?! Some nearly finished stuff

Sorry, I didn’t post anything for some time… But the Jacket for my little cousin took some time, as the design slows you down a bit in your knitting speed. But that wasn’t the only problem – because the knitted bit was only growing slowly, I fear I lost my enthusiasm a little and didn’t knit as often/ as long each as I could have…

But now at least the design part is finished (body and arms), and of the shoulders I already finished half yesterday 🙂 That part goes so much faster.

But I also nearly finished the Harpcase! I sewed the parts of the outer Layer and the lining together respectively; I still don’t have a fabric for the padding, so that I just made two separate bags that are to be connected, when the padding is in between at the whole top seam.

I was happy, that the harp actually did fit in, as it had been difficult to make a pattern for it, because all the edges are slanting in a different directions, so that the main planes of the case are somewhat twisted… (The top edge going steep down, the bottom edge coming slightly up and somewhat to the outside)